Saturday, October 3, 2009

i think i'm addicted!

Ever since I decided I wanted to grow my hair out I've turned into some crazed hair junkie. It's weird. Before this I had a 4 hair products tops; a shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner and something to tame my edges with. But now... Well, you guys saw the picture! I can't seem to stop adding on to my already full linen closet. It's like I see something, read it, love it and buy it. SMH.



Last week I blogged about that evil Ojon Sulfate-Free shampoo and how much I hated it. But folks it seems as though I've come across a Sulfate-Free shampoo that I love! It's the DevaCurl No-Poo (and yes it's formulated for curly hair.) My hair is no where close to curly but after listening to my friend Jori rave about it I decided to give it a try. To say that it's amazing would be an understatement. The shampoo doesn't lather hence the title, No-Poo. My hair was left tangle free and soft. I'm not too crazy about the scent (Peppermint and Turkish Rose) but that's something I quickly forget when I run my fingers through my hair.

Here's the description and promises:

No-Poo's lather-free formula cleanses and hydrates severely dry hair and scalp while restoring frizzy and unmanageable curls. Also a superb prescription for color or chemically treated hair. The infusion of peppermint and menthol stimulates the scalp and wakes up curls . . . a must-have in every curly girl's shower caddie.

Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance.

This shampoo will knock Ojon Tawaka the hell out of my regimen and I will use it every Monday.




The next product I stumbled across was this Macadamia Healing Treatment Oil. When I first saw it I twisted my lips up all crazy and wondered why this oil was so damned expensive. I mean come on, macadamia oil, I could get that at Whole Foods. Then I read the back of the bottle. It contains both macadamia and argan oil. For those who don't know argan oil is the main oil used in the product Moroccan Oil. Judging by what I read about argan oil I know that it is nothing short of amazing. So I got it... And I LOVE it. First, it smells amazing! But most importantly it leaves my hair soft and shiny. It's not greasy or heavy and a little bit goes a very log way. I believe the results will be more noticeable after long-term use.

Description:

Macadamia Healing Treatment Oil is a therapeutic oil perfect for all hair types and is especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair. Benefits include: intense nourishment, smoothing and a long lasting, tangle-free, frizz-free finish. Hair is ultra-smooth, manageable & shiny. Instant absorption & light-weight, non-greasy feel. Shown proof to extend the life of color treatments by reducing fading. Natural UV protection. Reducing drying time an amazing 40-50%.

I will find a way to squeeze this oil into my regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment